13 min readBy Kia Navarro on
There comes a time in almost every married person’s life when they need to think about finding an affordable family car.
When it comes time to picking a vehicle for your family, there are a lot of important details you need to consider. Will this car be comfortable when you pick up the kids? Is it fuel efficient? Does it have enough space for the whole family?
You would think that looking for an affordable family car is a piece of cake but with all the models and premium offers these days, you wouldn’t know which is better than which! And if you did find the family car of your dreams, the price is thousands over your budget.
Let’s be honest, not everyone can afford the premium cars but who said that a comfortable and affordable family car is impossible to get nowadays? To help you out, here are 25 of the best family cars in the Philippines!
1. Toyota Rush 2019
The Toyota Rush is one of the best Multi-Purpose Vehicle (MPV) cars available to date!
This affordable five-door, seven-seater SUV car is one of the latest additions to Toyota’s collection.
This car is not just an eye candy, however, getting 5-stars for safety in the ASEAN Car Assessment Program (NCAP). With that kind of safety rating, it is indeed one of the best family cars you can invest in.
- Equipped with a 4 Cylinder, In-line, 16 Valve DOHC, Chain Drive with Dual VVT-i engine
- 102hp/6000rpm power
- 134 Nm/4200rpm torque
- Four-speed automatic and a five-speed Manual
- A MacPherson Strut/Multi-Link Suspension
- Tires are Radial
- There are six airbags inside the car to ensure your maximum safety
|Toyota Rush 1.5 E MT||Manual||P968,000|
|Toyota Rush 1.5 E AT||Automatic||P1,008,000|
|Toyota Rush 1.5 G AT||Automatic||P1,100,000|
2. Mitsubishi Xpander 2019
P999,000 – P1,175,000
The Mitsubishi Xpander is one of the most competitive MPV cars manufactured by Mitsubishi Philippines!
The Mitsubishi Xpander is also one of the leaders when it comes to affordable 7 – seater cars in the Philippines!
- Dualairbags and ABS with EBD as standard
- Hasa gasoline mileage of 1.5 Liter 4A91 MIVEC
- 103HPand 141 NM Torque
- Four-speedAutomatic and a five-speed Manual (base GLX) transmission
|Mitsubishi Xpander 1.5 GLX MT||Manual||P999,000|
|Mitsubishi Xpander GLX Plus AT||Automatic||P1,075,000|
|Mitsubishi Xpander GLS AT||Automatic||P1,110,000|
|Mitsubishi Xpander GLS SportAT||Automatic||P1,175,000|
3. Suzuki Vitara 2019
P913,000 – P1,148,000
Suzuki Philippines has blown the country away with this fourth-generation Vitara it’s most recent entry in the subcompact crossover segment!
It is definitely one of those cars that you would just have to take a second look to be sure that the pure elegance you saw was real.
- 2393cc2.5-L V6 inline 4-cylinder petrol engine
- Six-speedAutomatic transmission
|Suzuki Vitara / Grand Vitara GL 1.6L AT||Automatic||P913,000|
|Suzuki Vitara / Grand Vitara GL + 1.6L – AT||Automatic||P1,028,000|
|Suzuki Vitara / Grand Vitara GLX 1.6L – AT||Automatic||P1,148,000|
(Read: Top 10 SUVs In The Philippines: 2019 Edition)
4. Honda Mobilio 2019
P895,000 – P1,085,000
If you are looking fora family car that is not as big as the Toyota Rush or Mitsubishi Xpander, thenyou should take look at the Honda Mobilio!
This family MUV is asmaller version of a 7-seater MPV but is still one of the leading family cars.
- Two variants:
- Petrol with 4-cylinder SOHC i-VTEC (16-valve)
- Diesel with 4-cylinder DOHC i-DTEC
- Five-speed Manual transmission
- Seats five to seven people
- Improved with ABS and EBD safety specs
- 88kW (120ps)/6600rpm
- 145Nm/4600 rpm torque
- Suspension – MacPherson Strut (Front)/Torsion Beam (Rear)
|Honda Mobilio 1.5L E MT||Manual||P895,000|
|Honda Mobilio 1.5L V CVT||Automatic||P968,000|
|Honda Mobilio 1.5L RS Navi CVT||Automatic||P1,085,000|
5. BAIC M60
P998,000 – P1,068,000
This mid-size MPV has a very sleek and sporty design that is influenced by SUVs. This premium car is made by Beijing Automotive Group Co. (BAIC) and was shown off at the 7th Philippine International Motor Show (PIMS). The BAIC M60 is perfect for those who are starting a family!
- TurbochargedDOHC inline-4 gasoline
- 210NM/2000– 4500rpm torque
- ContinuouslyVariable Transmission
- Suspension– MacPherson (front), semi-independent (rear), coil spring independent /torsion beam
|BAIC M60 Standard 1.5 Turbo CVT||CVT||P998,000|
|BAIC M60 Luxury 1.5 Turbo CVT||CVT||P1,068,000|
6. Ford EcoSport 2019
P920,000 – P1,190,000
The Ford EcoSport is an American SUV crossover that is powered by engine options that include the 3-cylinder 1.0L Petrol EcoBoost engine or the 4-cylinder 1.5L petrol. This promising car is very convenient and comfortable for long family drives!
- 1.0LTitanium EcoBoost
- Six-speedAutomatic and a five-speed Manual transmission
- Hasthe capacity to accelerate from 0 – 60 MPH 14 seconds
|Ford EcoSport 1.5 Ambiente MT||Manual||P920,000|
|Ford EcoSport 1.5 Trend MT||Manual||P970,000|
|Ford EcoSport 1.5 Trend AT||Automatic||P1,030,000|
|Ford EcoSport 1.5 Titanium AT||Automatic||P1,100,000|
|Ford EcoSport 1.0 EcoBoost Titanium AT||Automatic||P1,190,000|
(Read: What Every Parent Should Know About The Child Safety In Motor Vehicles Act)
7. JAC S3 2019
P890,000 – P940,000
The JAC S3 is dubbed as the largest vehicle that is under P1 million! This family car is a smaller version of an SUV and has a large space for the family to enjoy.
- 1.6Lgasoline VVT engine
- Headlampcan automatically turn on/off – during light changes
- Headlampwill stay on for 15s after you have locked your car – feature is for when you headback to your car at night
- Equippedwith a Cruise Control System (CCS)
|JAC S3 1.6 VVT MT||Manual||P890,000|
|JAC S3 1.6 VVT CVT||CVT||P940,000|
8. Volkswagen Santana GTS 2019
If you are looking for a Subcompact car, then you should consider the Volkswagen Santana GTS!
Last October, Volkswagen introduced this subcompact car at the Philippine International Motor Show (PIMS). It can carry loads that are moderate to heavy.
- 1.5-litergasoline I4
9. Mazda2 Sedan
P850,00 – P1,055,000
Since we are talking about Subcompact cars, the Mazda2 Sedan is a subcompact car that lives up to its manufacturer’s reputation. Its fuel efficient and can take on long drives!
|2 Sedan SkyActiv S MT||P850,000|
|2 Sedan SkyActiv S AT||P890,000|
|2 Sedan SkyActiv V+ AT||P975,000|
|2 Sedan SkyActiv R AT||P1,055,00|
10. Nissan Almera 2019
P657,000 – P933,000
The Nissan Almera is a fuel-efficient sedan that is the perfect size for smaller families! The classy look of this car is sure to turn heads.
- HR12DE and HR15DE engine type
- Power of 76ps/6000rpm and 99ps/6000rpm
- 106Nm/4400rpm and 134Nm/4000rpm torque
- Four-speed Automatic and five-speed Manual transmission
- Suspension – MacPherson Struts (with Coil Spring and Stabilizer Bar and Rigid Axle), Torsion Beam
|Nissan Almera1.2 MT (Euro 4)||Manual||P657,000|
|Nissan Almera1.5 E MT (Euro 4)||Manual||P735,000|
|Nissan Almera 1.5 E AT (Euro 4)||Automatic||P824,000|
|Nissan Almera 1.5 V AT (Euro 4)||Automatic||P900,000|
|Nissan Almera 1.5 N-Sport AT||Automatic||P933,000|
11. Chevrolet Sail
P791,888 – P917,888
For a premium subcompact sedan, Chevrolet Sail is one of the best options out there! This is perfectly designed for growing families that are always on the go.
- 1.5L DOHC DVVT and 1.3L DOHC VVT engine type
- 109hp/6000rpm and 100hp/6000rpm
- 141 Nm/4000rpm and 127Nm/4000rpm torque
- 4-speed- AT with active select and 5-speed- MT – Hydraulic Type transmission
- Suspension – MacPherson strut-type and stabilizer bar / Rear torsion beam non-independent suspension
|Chevrolet Sail 1.3 LT||Manual||P791,888|
|Chevrolet Sail 1.5 LT||Automatic||P865,888|
|Chevrolet Sail 1.5 LTZ||Automatic||P917,888|
12. Nissan Juke 2019
The Nissan Juke is a unique-looking family car that is perfect for families who are looking for a fuel-efficient premium car! This car is perfect for your out of town trips and daily commutes.
- HR16DE Engine type
- 154 Nm/4000rpm torque
- Has a XTRONIC CVT for transmission
- Suspension – Independent MacPherson Strut (Front) and Torsion Beam Axle (Rear)
(Read: Top 7 Affordable Toyota Cars In The Philippines: Price List And Buying Tips)
13. Honda Civic 2019
P1,115,000 – P1,608,000
Out of all the Sedan family cars, the Honda Civic has got to be one of the most popular ones out there! This car has a little bit of everything. Equipped with up-to-date technology, a powerful engine that can take on long trips, and a modern classy look this is definitely the ideal car for small to medium-sized families.
- Has three (3) different body types:
- 2-door coupe
- 4-door sedan
- 5-door hatchback
- Three types of engines to chose from:
- 1.8L R18z I4
- 2.0L K20C2 I4
- 1.5L L15B7 I4 (turbo)
- Seven-speed Continuously Variable Transmission
|Honda Civic 1.8 S CVT||Automatic||P1,115,000|
|Honda Civic 1.8 E CVT||Automatic||P1,185,000|
|Honda Civic 1.5 RS Turbo CVT||Automatic||P1,608,000|
14. Toyota Wigo
P557,000 – P696,000
This car can hold up to four adults comfortably, making it good for a family with tweens and teens. There is also a fair amount of space at the back for all your things making it great for family activities.
- 6 Cylinder In-Line, 12 Valve, DOHC with VVT-I engine type
- 89Nm/4400rpm torque
- 4-Speed A/T and 6-Speed M/T for transmission
- Suspension – MacPherson Strut with Coil Spring / Semi-Independent Torsion Axle Beam, Coil Spring
|Toyota Wigo 1.0 E MT||Manual||P557,000|
|Toyota Wigo 1.0 G MT||Manual||P596,000|
|Toyota Wigo 1.0 G AT||Automatic||P631,000|
|Toyota Wigo 1.0 TRD AT||Automatic||P696,000|
15. Honda All-New Brio 2019
P585,000 – P732,000
Honda Brio is a force to watch out for in the road with its impressive i-VTEC engine! Despite being on the budget-friendly category, this car delivers on its promises of smooth and powerful drives.
- SOHC i-VTEC 16-valve engine type
- 100Nm/4800rpm torque
- 5MT / 5AT transmission
- Suspension – McPherson Strut with Stabilizer (Front) and Torsion Beam (Rear)
|Honda Brio 1.2 S MT||Manual||P585,000|
|Honda Brio 1.2 V CVT||Automatic||P646,000|
|Honda Brio 1.2 RS CVT||Automatic||P727,000|
|Honda Brio 1.2 RS Black Top||Automatic||P732,000|
(Read: The Seat Belt Law In The Philippines And Why You Should Take It Seriously)
16. Chevrolet Spark
P694,888 – P859,888
This mini hatchback is often compared to a Mini Cooper or a Toyota Aygo due to its roomy interior, modern technology and city style. If you are a family of five who lives in the city, then you should consider checking the Chevrolet Spark out!
- 1.2L Inline 4 & 1.0L Inline 4 engine type
- 128Nm/4400rpm torque
- Continuously Variable Transmission / 5-Speed Manual Transmission
- Suspension – MacPherson Strut-Type / Compound Crank (Torsion Beam)
|Chevrolet Spark 1.4 LT MT||Manual||P694,888|
|Chevrolet Spark 1.4 LT CVT||Automatic||P734,888|
|Chevrolet Spark 1.4 LTZ CVT||Automatic||P859,888|
17. Honda Jazz 2019
P857,000 – P1,078,000
A high performing car that has style, a roomy interior, and a powerful engine, the Jazz is made to give you the best experience on the road as possible. This has got to be one of the classic cars out there and the ideal car to pass on from generations to generations!
- Chain Drive SOHC i-VTEC 4 valves per CYL engine type
- 120ps/6600 rpm
- 145ps/4800rpm torque
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
- Suspension – Independent MacPherson Strut with Stabilizer (Front) / H-shaped Torsion Beam with Stabilizer (Rear)
|Jazz 1.5 V MT||P857,000|
|Jazz 1.5 V CVT||P903,000|
|Jazz 1.5 VX Navi CVT||P998,000|
|Jazz 1.5 RS Navi CVT||P1,078,000|
18. New Toyota Vios 2019
P662,000 – P1,113,000
The new Toyota Vios is designed to be fuel-efficient. This model is also equipped with a 7-speed sports sequential transmission that can be seen in premium Toyota models.
- Wti, 4 Cylinder In-Line DOHC, 16V EFI engine type
- 107hp/6000rpm and 85 hp/6000rpm
- 142 Nm/4200rpm and 122 Nm/4400rpm torque
- 4-Speed AT and 5-Speed MT transmission
- Suspension – Macpherson Strut with stabilizer (Front) and Torsion Beam (Rear)
|Toyota Vios 1.3 Base MT||Manual||P662,000|
|Toyota Vios 1.3 J MT||Automatic||P688,000|
|Toyota Vios 1.3 XE||Automatic||P738,000|
|Toyota Vios 1.3 E MT||Automatic||P831,000|
|Toyota Vios 1.3 E CVT||Automatic||P881,000|
|Toyota Vios E Prime MT||Manual||P886,000|
|Toyota Vios 1.3 E Prime CVT||Automatic||P936,000|
|Toyota Vios 1.5 G MT||Manual||P984,000|
|Toyota Vios 1.5 G MT White Pearl||Manual||P999,000|
|Toyota Vios 1.5 G CVT||Automatic||P1,043,000|
|Toyota Vios G CVT (White Pearl)||Automatic||P1,058,000|
|Toyota Vios G Prime CVT||Automatic||P1,098,000|
|Toyota Vios 1.5 G Prime CVT (White Pearl)||Automatic||P1,113,000|
19. Suzuki Ertiga 2019
P728,000 – P978,000
This affordable yet reliable MPV car is definitely worth your time and investment. With its spacious interior that can easily fit seven people and design that is beyond outstanding, you are sure to be the talk of the town with this stylish car!
- K14B engine type
- 130 Nm/4000rpm torque
- Five-speed MT and four-speed AT transmission
- Suspension – Macpherson Strut with coil spring (Front) and Torsion Beam with coil spring (Rear)
|Suzuki Ertiga GA 1.5 MT||Manual||P728,000|
|Suzuki Ertiga GL 1.5 MT||Manual||P848,000|
|Suzuki Ertiga GL 1.5 AT||Automatic||P888,000|
|Suzuki Ertiga GLX 1.5 AT||Automatic||P978,000|
20. MG ZS
P818,888 – P998,000
This subcompact crossover vehicle came from MG Cars, a British sports car brand. This MG ZS is one of the models perfect for families due to its generous interior space and quality technology!
- 1.5-liter inline-4 gasoline mill
- 118 hp and 150 Nm torque
- Four-speed automatic and five-speed Manual transmission
|MG ZS MT Style||Manual||P818,888|
|MG ZS AT Style||Automatic||P868,888|
|MG ZS AT Alpha||Automatic||P998,000|
21. Toyota Avanza 2019
P731,000 – P1,065,000
This elegant looking car is equipped with a reliable and efficient engine that gives you a smooth and hassle-free drive with the family!
- 3SZ-VE (1.5G) and K3-VE (1.3E & 1.3J) engine type
- 103hp/6000rpm and 90hp/6000rpm
- 136Nm/4400rpm and 117Nm/4400rpm torque
- Four-speed Automatic or five-speed Manual transmission
|Toyota Avanza 1.3 J MT||Manual||P731,000|
|Toyota Avanza 1.3 E MT||Manual||P864,000|
|Toyota Avanza 1.3 E AT||Automatic||P907,000|
|Toyota Avanza 1.5 G MT||Manual||P957,000|
|Toyota Avanza 1.5 G AT||Automatic||P1,000,000|
|Toyota Avanza 1.5 Veloz||Automatic||P1,065,000|
(Read: Hatchback Vs. Sedan: Which Car Type Is Right For You?)
22. Hyundai Eon
P508,000 – P576,000
For families of five, you might want to consider this car! Powered by a 0.8L petrol engine, this car is fuel-efficient and comfortable to drive.
- U-II 1.6-liter CRDi VGT engine type
- 75Nm/4000rpm torque
- Five-speed Manual transmission
- Suspension – Macpherson Strut Type (Front) and Torsion Beam Axle (Rear)
|Hyundai Eon 0.8 GLX MT||Manual||P508,000|
|Hyundai Eon 0.8 GLX NAVI MT||Manual||P526,000|
|Hyundai Eon 0.8 GLX 5MT – CBU||P558,000|
|Hyundai Eon GLX 5MT – CBU (with Android AVN Unit)||P576,000|
23. Kia Picanto 2019
P590,000 – P745,000
If you and your family love the city life and have a knack for exploring, then this car is perfect for you! Do not let its small exterior fool you – it is quite comfortable and spacious inside.
- Kappa 1.2 In-Line 4 Cylinder, Multi-Point Injection engine type
- 84ps/600rpm power
- 12.4 kg-m/4000rpm torque
- Four-speed automatic or five-speed Manual transmission
- Suspension – MacPherson Strut with Stabilizer, Gas, Coil Spring (Front) / Coupled Torsion Beam Axle, Gas, Coil Spring (Rear)
|Kia Picanto 1.0 LX MT||Manual||P590,000|
|Kia Picanto 1.0 LX AT||Automatic||P635,000|
|Kia Picanto 1.2 EX MT||Manual||P700,000|
|Kia Picanto 1.2 EX AT||Automatic||P745,000|
24. Kia Soluto 2019
P625,000 – P735,000
For a sedan car, the Kia Soluto has a lot of interior room! Sporting a 7-inch touchscreen, you can enjoy long drives with your family in style and comfort.
- 1.4L Petrol Engine, 4 Cylinder 16 Valve DOHC engine type
- 132Nm/4000rpm torque
- 5-speed Manual Front-Wheel Drive transmission
- Suspension – MacPherson Strut, H-Typer Subframe (Front) and V-Beam Coupled Torsion Beam Axle (Rear)
|Kia Soluto 1.4 LX MT||Manual||P625,000|
|Kia Soluto 1.4 LX AT||Automatic||P675,000|
|Kia Soluto 1.4 EX MT||Manual||P685,000|
|Kia Soluto 1.4 EX AT||Automatic||P735,000|
25. Hyundai Reina 2019
P638,000 – P688,000
Hyundai Reina has got to be one of the most affordable and stylish family cars you can get! It is not also just stylish but has a lot to offer too! Check the features below
- 1.4 MPI engine type
- 95ps/6000rpm power
- 13.5kg-m/4000rpm torque
- Four-speed Automatic Transmission
- Suspension – MacPherson Strut with Stabilizer (Front) and Coupled Torsion Beam Axle (Rear)
|Hyundai Reina 1.4 GL MT||Manual||P638,000|
|Hyundai Reina 1.4 GL AT||Automatic||P688,000|
About the author
Kia Navarro Kia Navarro still lives with her parents. She is, after all, a 24-year-old student who just happens to write content for eCompareMo, which she refers to as "the coolest company she's ever written for."